Friday, April 10, 2009

miles davis & the cool

Album - The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound

Jimmy died one year ago today. Tonight will not be a game of "Remember When," the lowest form of conversation, but a celebration of his life, and the times we shared together. I'm sure no one will say it, but all of our thoughts will be written on our faces, whether it be in smiles or in lost glances and blank stares. Be it what it may, you will be in all of our thoughts tonight as we embrace eachother in your honor.

Not a day will pass that you won't be in my thoughts. Saying I miss you or that I love you is an understatement and a discredit to your memory. I will carry on the only way I know how, and everything I feel and think about you and the times we shared with stay in my heart. You already know what it is, my man. Time to party.

I tip my glass to you, dear friend.

4-10-08

No comments:

Post a Comment